Woodlink Ltd. Automatic Woodsaw Ripper & Chain Driven Live Roller
Client: Woodlink Ltd. is a global manufacturer of bird feeders, birdhouses, and accessories.
Type of load: Wood
- The product was exiting the ripsaw at a fast rate
- The distance between each wood piece was very tight
- Products had to complete a clean transfer, with minimal markings on wood
- Automatic rip saw cart loader
- A chain driven live roller
The chain driven live roller conveyor and design an air operated retractable “flip/push off” device that was mounted under the system. When sensors detected a positioned piece of wood, the device was activated and the wood was flipped off into a mobile cart. Situated under the conveyor belt, the retractable fingers were able to reset without disrupting the flow of traffic. This allowed for the system to handle the quick piece count and limited room between products. The force behind the fingers was great enough to eject a piece of wood from the conveyor, yet gentle enough to prevent damage to the products. The ejected product was quickly and easily stacked into a mobile bin, where they were swiftly moved to the next stage in the process cycle.